August VRM Monthly Marketing Planner and Free Desktop Wallpaper Calendars
Welcome to August! It is that wonderful time of year when things are hot & sticky. It is also when people start turning their thoughts towards back-to-school and reluctantly saying good-bye to summer.
As a vacation rental software company, we want to help our clients and their guests squeeze every last drop of vacation time from what is left of summertime! That is why we have created these FREE sharable quotes and FREE downloadable August desktop calendar.
Keep reading for a few excellent tips on finding a few more sweet spots in your social media marketing and SEO.
August Dates to Remember
- August 3 — National Watermelon Day
- August 7 — National Lighthouse Day
- August 11-13 — Annual Perseid Meteor Shower
- August 14 — National Creamsicle Day
- August 26 — National Dog Day
- August 28 — National Eat Outside Day
Social Media Tips
- If you have a lighthouse near you, be sure to highlight blog posts, share informational links, and ask your guests to post their best lighthouse pics! Coordinate this with National Lighthouse Day!
- Can you imagine the excitement and memories created and you head out to the beach or lakeside on a clear night to watch meteor showers? Your guests will LOVE this. Be sure to offer sky gazing advice via social media posts or a blog post. Be sure to coordinate your posts with the Annual Perseid Meteor Shower.
- National Dog Day is a great time to remind guests of your pet polices, highlight pet friendly properties, highlight town leash laws, and more. It is also a perfect time to hold a Pets on Vacay photo contest on social media!!
- From beautiful balconies to beachside benches, invite your guest to take part in National Eat Outside Day! Highlight a few of your favorite local takeout restaurants on your social channels. Be sure to tag other business... they will really appreciate it. This is also a great time to highlight the many outdoor amenities your properties have to offer, like barbecue grills, fire pits, patio furniture, picnic tables, and more.
- This year, many families are experiencing greater flexibility to the "back-to-school" and "end of summer" dates. Many students and employees are learning/working remotely (at least part-time), affording families the opportunity to vacation beyond Labor Day!! Use social media to highlight properties with short stays (3-4 day minimums), remind clients of your excellent Wifi connections, and suggest that guests move their desks to favorite vacation destination! You should also create email marketing campaigns to target guests that are within an easy driving distance for short stays. You will see your shoulder season booked in no time! Need help with email marketing? We have an entire team that can help you with that... at one low monthly cost! Click here to learn more.
- Choose the best target keyword for your video and place it in your video file name, video title, and description.
- Select the best video category that reaches your audience
- Use popular keywords related to your topic for your video tags
- Utilize YouTube studio to add End Screens to recommend your next video and follow you on social media
Graphic Design Tips for Beginners
Sharing images on social media is crucial when connecting with your people. 90% of the information transmitted to the brain is visual—and 40% of people respond better to visual information — that’s a fact! Creating graphics for your business may seem daunting to non-designers & beginners but there’s never been a time where it’s been so easy! There are so many programs out there to help you, PicMonkey, Stencil, Easil, & Canva (⬅ our personal favorite!) to name a few. Here are a few quick tips to get you started!
- Chances are your business is already branded, if so or if not, choose, customize & create a few templates that reflect your brand's aesthetic! Don’t be afraid to play but keep it simple! Every element in your design should have a reason to be there. Speaking of, your logo and/or website url are key elements, don’t forget them!
- Use fonts that are crisp & clear, clarity is important when presenting visuals! Think about fonts as if they are the tone of voice for your brand. Take into consideration what fonts look good together. Font pairing is serious business! Many of the programs listed above have already made templates where the fonts are paired beautifully. If you’re curious, Google ‘font pairing’ & gain some insight!
- Present only key data on your images & utilize white space. Don’t be afraid to give the elements in your design room to breathe. No one likes clutter, no matter the medium.
If you don’t have time to learn a new skill, or it seems overwhelming, we get that! Keep in mind that we offer Marketing Services to VRM software clients exclusively. Check out our rates here & contact us!
Are you ready to share a few delicious quotes with your fans? Don't have the time to create your own? No problem. We have created four fun and flavorful summertime quotes that are available for you to download any time of year!
Click on each quote to open it in a new tab at full size (1080 x 1080) and then right click and choose "Save Image As..." from the drop-down menu!
Free Desktop Wallpaper Calendars
Here at VRM, we understand the importance of calendars! Planning and scheduling is the lifeblood of your business. To make your August a little more fun with a vivid pop of color, we have create this FREE downloadable desktop calendar for you. At VRM... we know a thing or two about vacation rental software... and we understand how important it is to bring a little fun to the everyday grind!
Click on the image above or below to open the wallpapers in a new tab at full-size (2560 × 1600), and then right click and choose "Save Image As..." from the drop-down menu, and save it. Each major operating system has a different procedure for changing the wallpaper.
After saving the image of your choice, choose Apple menu > System Preferences. Click Desktop & Screen Saver. From the Desktop pane, select a folder of images on the left, then click an image on the right to change your desktop picture.
Locate the image you want to become your wallpaper and open it. (By default, it will open up in Photos.) Right-click or tap-and-hold it to choose either Set as > Set as background or, in older versions of Windows, set as desktop background.
Don't forget to check back next month for our new wallpapers, tips, & shareable quotes!
FUN & FREE!
Downloads, Quote Graphics, and Marketing Tips. Pin for later!